Philosophy & Mission
At the River Valley Technical Center…
- We believe that we must dream as well as act to accomplish great things.
- We believe that learning is a lifelong adventure.
- We believe in facing each day with minds open to knowledge and hearts open to love.
- We believe in the freedom to wonder, to explore, to ask, to imagine, to create, and to collaborate.
- We believe that success means doing our best, being our best,and being proud of our efforts.>
- We believe that every one of us has special talents and that collectively these talents benefit all of us.
- We believe in ourselves, in each other, and in the bright future.
In this school, we are preparing for the world of tomorrow!
(Adapted with permission from the Foreign Language School of Nanjing, China)
Approved by RVTC Faculty and Staff August 29, 2007
Endorsed by 2008 RVTC National Technical Honor Society Inductees June 12, 2008
Adopted by RVTC School District Board of Directors July 2, 2008
The mission of the River Valley Technical Center is to educate today's students for tomorrow's careers and for all students to
• Participate in a positive environment that integrates academic and technical education through applied learning.
• Benefit from teachers' professional growth and continuous improvement of curricula that emphasizes the changing workplace and the pursuit of educational excellence.
• Have the opportunity to attain nationally recognized industry credentials or certifications through the completion of courses and programs.
• Demonstrate a sense of pride and ownership in their school and community
• Have the opportunity to explore various career areas and to participate in workplace experiences.